To enter your short film into the LivingIt Ubuntu Youth Film Festival. please download the entry form and return to us as soon as possible.
Email completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may base your film either on the theme above, OR on a quote from any of the Global Oneness
Project clips (See www.globalonenessproject.org).
Global Oneness Quotes:
Should you wish to base your film on one of these quotes, please use the quote at the end
of your film in the title sequence. Should you not insert the quote in your film, and not base
the film on the theme, this film will be disqualified.
Surprise and delight us!
3. Entries are free and each group or individual may enter more than one film.
4. An entry form should be completed for each film.
5. Films in any language other than English should have English subtitles.
6. Films, including titles, should not exceed 5 minutes. The shorter the better.
7. Judges will give preference to films made by groups consisting of different races/socio economic
backgrounds/religions/including minority groups.
8. When using registered music or published scripts/poems, please attach SAMRO/DALRO
authorization. It is always better to make your own score/sound track and write your own scripts.
9. We award excellence and not competition. No single winner will be announced.
The top five entries will each receive R6 000.
One qualified entrant will qualify for a three year bursary in a film making
degree/diploma at City Varsity.
Short courses at CityVarsity in Video Production, Scriptwriting and Editing will also be awarded to appropriate candidates.
10. Deserving entrants will be considered for placements in the film industry.
11. The deadline for final submission of short films is 15 June 2017
12. The Ubuntu Youth Film Festival will be celebrated at Artscape on 18 August where
deserving candidates will be announced and awarded.
13. Films should be sent in AVI/MOV format via wetransfer to: email@example.com.
14. The decisions of the judges will be final.
15. Judges will reserve the right to disqualify films in bad taste.
16. LivingIt reserves the right to postpone or cancel the festival due to exceptional circumstances.
17. Each group or individual indemnifies LivingIt of any injury or damage of whatever nature suffered or
incurred as a result of participation in this competition.
18. LivingIt reserves the right to use any of the entries for marketing purposes on internet or other means
Once your entry is received, you will receive a confirmation email with an indemnity form that has to be signed by all parents/guardians of under aged participants.
CityVarsity and LivingIt Ubuntu Youth Film Festival presents:
A 4-day (2-weekend) training workshop is available for teachers at R100 per day.
(We are working on accreditation for PDP points from the South African Council for Educators.)
Please download the Teachers Training Entry Form and return to us as soon as possible.
Entries and enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org